To ensure that your order is undamaged and complete, please adhere to the following check-in procedure when receiving your shipment from Chef’s Corner. Before the delivery driver leaves your location, please do the following: (Please note, once the driver leaves your location, you become responsible for reporting any damage to the freight company. Chef’s Corner cannot be held liable for any damages caused in transit.)
• Confirm the number of packages delivered against the packing slip provided with your shipment, and note any discrepancies.
• Thoroughly inspect the entire shipment for any visible damage. Unbox and inspect all items before accepting and signing for the item. Some indicators that the shipment may be damaged are: a dented box, shrink-wrap is not intact, the pallet is broken, etc.
• If the delivery has no damage, accept the shipment and sign off on the BOL.
• If the delivery is slightly damaged, please write down all the damage you see on the delivery ticket/BOL. If the driver only has a PDA (electronic device), make sure you have them note something on paper that they will sign before you allow them to leave. If you do not accept the damages that you see, and the carrier does not want to participate in a freight claim, it is best to refuse the damaged piece and call Chef’s Corner immediately.
• If the item(s) you ordered are completely damaged, refuse the shipment. Please make note of the damage and take photos. Contact us as soon as possible for a replacement shipment.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in customers fully accepting the damaged shipment.
Chef’s Corner will not be able to rectify your damaged items.
If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please call 973-691-1500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org